While some people believe this to be true, there are no scientific studies on the matter. That been said, I believe a healthy sex drive/life depends and relies on good nutrition. So what am I talking about exactly? Well in a nutshell, too have a healthy sex life you require:
1. good nerve function
2. healthy hormone levels
3. unobstructed blood flow to the pelvic area
… and to keep those systems in working order you need to follow a balanced diet of lean protein, essential oils (unsaturated), whole grains, complex carbohydrates, fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you already follow a balanced diet, but still have a low libido, perhaps fatigues or depression may be the cause? Or maybe a medication you currently taking is having adverse effects on your boudoir activities? If you think that might be the case, then speak to your doctor about it. Otherwise if you believe it to be fatigue, a lack of iron may be responsible, so try including more of the following foods into your diet:
– Shellfish and fish
– Red meat
– Nuts and seeds
– leafy greens
Believe it or not, exercise stimulates the production of endorphins, so if you’re feeling tired or depressed try working out (sounds strange I know, but try it).
So to sum it up, to have a healthy sex life you need to …
1. Eat a balanced diet (cut back on saturated fats)
2. Get your blood flowing and heart pumping (minus the after work out beer/wine)
3. Get some well deserved rest / sleep
4. Look into introducing a zinc supplement (zinc can also be found in seafood, meat, poultry, liver, eggs, milk, beans, nuts and whole grains)